Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The post your post could smell like

Look at your blog, now back to mine, look at your posts, now back to mine. Your blog isn't mine, it could be, but that wouldn't always be a good thing. Most of you have already caught on, I'm diving into the Old Spice commercials today.

I thought of two opening paragraphs for this post, it was either going to be the above, or: 'SUPER INTERESTING AMAZING BLOG POST WILL AMUSE YOU FOR HOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUURS. P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER.' I think I made the right choice.

Old Spice is a brand of male grooming products that was founded in 1934. Before they started making these awesomely funny commercials, Old Spice had an image of only being used by old men. They basically made grandpa's grooming products. The brand was due for a make over, but how do you give such an old-fashioned brand a modern image? This is how:



When this was released, it completely pulled Old Spice out of their image. A lot of people probably won't even know that it previously had such a wrinkly image.
But Old Spice wasn't done yet, they wanted more. By getting Terry Crews on board (On board, boat, get it?) they kicked their commercials into an even higher gear. Because I couldn't decide which one of the amazing Terry Crews commercials to post here, I'm putting down a compilation. Five minutes of screaming, muscles, ridiculousness and body wash. IT'LL BLOW YOUR MIND RIGHT THROUGH YOUR COMPUTER SCREEN. POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER.


I think the thing we can all learn from this is that you don't always have to make sense to make an amazingly effective and funny commercial. I wonder if the same goes for blogs.

I'm on a horse.

1 comment: